I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai | Teen Ink

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai MAG

January 30, 2015
By Andromeda Vetsch BRONZE, Richfield, Minnesota
Andromeda Vetsch BRONZE, Richfield, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I Am Malala is an inspiring autobiography that teaches readers of all ages the importance of standing up for what they believe in. At age 11, Malala Yousafzai became a young blogger and activist for girls’ education in Pakistan. She and her writing became famous. Then, when she was on her way to school in 2012, a Taliban gunman stormed onto her bus and shot her three times. Malala woke up in a hospital in England. As she healed, she wrote this book explaining what she and other women have had to experience. This brave girl won a Nobel Peace Prize for all she accomplished.

Malala grew up under the laws of the Taliban. She followed the footsteps of her father, Ziauddin, a great man with much to say and teach. His story of overcoming a bad stutter and becoming a great public speaker gave her hope that change was possible for her too.

Malala wants to change how people view women in her society so that one day all girls can go to school to get the education they deserve. Because of the horrible incident Malala endured, the world became aware of her story. She can now show the world her story and speak for girls who cannot speak for themselves.

Throughout this autobiography, readers will learn the horrible oppression women and children endure under the Taliban’s rule. The more people become aware of these stories, the more they will take a stand. Eye-opening events can help change the world and make it a better place for everyone.

Because of Malala and her incredible story, we are getting closer and closer to making many dreams a reality.