The Fallen | Teen Ink

The Fallen

January 28, 2015
By Jackson Maki SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Jackson Maki SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’ve always liked zombie books. The Fallen by Charlie Higson is one of my favorite books out of his series The Enemy. The story takes place in modern day London. Everyone sixteen and above turns into kid-eating zombies because of a disease that affects the brain. No one knows how to stop it and only the young kids are alive to fight and find a cure. I like this  book because it has zombies, surviving, and adventure across London.

The zombie has always been an iconic character in many books and movies. The virus is the one thing that starts it all and it’s always has no cure and comes out no were. The zombie moves without notice and more likely will attack without anyone knowing. There are many different types of zombies like the normal “walker” or “The runner” and finally “The crawler” and many more. With the struggle of zombies, you have to survive from them.


In a zombie apocalypse, surviving is the key to living. So in this book only kids under 15 are alive and they have to survive by scavenging for food and fighting off hordes of zombies.                             

Fear is the big thing that keeps you alive and ready. Living during something like this has you on suspense. Always and wondering if you’ll die any moment. While surviving is key, adventuring for food and medication is another key.


Adventuring is always a pain but its sometimes good to do to survive. Traveling is a big requirement because food is scarce. Finding medication and other stuff like that to help stay healthy because there’s no more doctors to keep you from getting sick. while adventuring you’ll more likely find other group of kids and its your choice to trust them or not. With surviving and adventuring, zombies will always be there.


Zombies, surviving, and adventure has always been my favorite part of this book. The virus has affected the kids around the world in a big way and they have to survive alone. Those are my reasons why I like this book and series.