ttfn :Book Two by Lauren Myracle | Teen Ink

ttfn :Book Two by Lauren Myracle

By Lilredwolf BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Lilredwolf BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan

I'm proud of where I'm from but not everything we've done
And it ain't like you and me can re-write history
Our generation didn't start this nation
We're still pickin' up the pieces, walkin' on eggshells, fightin' over yesterday.

ttfn
By:Lauren Myracle
In first person point of view, Lauren Myracle expresses how being teenage friends can have many ups and downs. From doing drugs to moving to California, 3,000 miles away from your home. Three High School besties SnowAngel, who is Angela, Mad Maddie, who poses as Maddie, and don't forget to add Zoegirl, or Zoey face many challenges together.  In the setting of Atlanta, Georgia in late November the snow beings to softly lay a blanket of white sparkles, while all three girls prepare to have their lives spin out of control.

When I first heard of this book I didn’t want to read it because I thought it was going to be really girly, but of course in the end I was wrong. I chose this book to do my assignment on because I felt that it deeply expressed the meaning of true friendship. One thing in the story that hinted to me that the book was about true friendship was when SnowAngel, Mad Maddie and Zoegirl got into an argument about Mad Maddie doing drugs. I felt as though they were looking out for her well being. With that being said I classified this books' theme to be about Change.

While I was reading my novel, there was one thing said  that stuck in my mind like a feather on Yankee Doodles hat. SnowAngel was the creator of this wonderful sentence,  “ since seventh grade they did not part, they stayed connected in their hearts. Zoe's the good girl Maddie's wild, and sweet darling Angela is meek and mild.” SnowAngel told Zoegirl this on page two. I selected this sentence because I felt as though it was well thought-out and so very close as to how the theme was selected. Now before I part I have one thing left to remark, stay true, stay you and ttfn!