This Book Is Not Good For You by Pseudonymous Bosch | Teen Ink

This Book Is Not Good For You by Pseudonymous Bosch

December 4, 2014
By CandyZ. BRONZE, New York, New York
CandyZ. BRONZE, New York, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As you might already know, this is the 3rd book to the Secret series written by Pseudonymous Bosch but what you might not know is the fact that this time, the adventure doesn't only involve Cass and her friends. This book's adventure includes her mother being kidnapped by an evil chef in a dark and gloomy restaurant! Now that this was said, you can probably already infer that the rest of the book is about Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yo-Yoji going to rescue Cass's mother. If you don't know who Yo-Yoji is, you should really read the 2nd book of the series which I strongly recommend because it's where Cass and Max-Ernest get introduced to the Terces Society which also leads to the meeting of Yo-Yoji. Back to book 3, Cass soon learns that to get her mom back, she has to find and give the Tuning Fork to the evil chef, also known as Senor Hugo. And as if it wasn't worse enough, the Terces Society was also looking for the Tuning Fork and she knew it. Also, as a part of her and Senor Hugo's deal, she can't let Max-Ernest or Yo-Yoji know that she was finding the Tuning Fork for Senor Hugo so she had to do it alone which is also a factor that makes this book different from the rest of the series because she's so used to working with her friends and not alone. Before I go any further, I just want to make sure that you know what the Tuning Fork is. Do you? If not, it basically consists of a silver fork ending in 2 prongs and what it does is it makes your food or anything else taste like anything in the world as long as it is something that you have tasted before or it could be your ancestors tasted it before. Now that you know that, I'll leave you to think about what choice Cass will make. Save her mom and give the fork to Hugo or forget her mom and tell everything to the Terces Society and let them deal with it? After all, her mom isn't her real mom anyway.