The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By amandae BRONZE, Indianpolis, Indiana
amandae BRONZE, Indianpolis, Indiana

The Fault in Our Stars/John Green
Speak, 2012, 352pp
Young-adult fiction
"I'm a grenade," I said again. "I just want to stay away from people and read books and think" "That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt."
  This beautifully written book is told through the eyes of a depressed 17 year old cancer fighter named Hazel Grace. Hazel’s mom makes her go to a support group for depressed cancer kids and teens. At first hazel cannot stand going she would make up different story each time why she couldn’t go but her mom would still find a way to make Hazel go. One day Hazel runs into a handsome guy named Augustus water at support group. Hazel and Augustus start talking and get close to one other, they go over to one other house they even go on vacation with Hazel’s mom.  Read to find out what happens next in their relationship when Augustus gets sick.
The author achieved their purpose because it made you stop and think about how people with cancer have to deal with day to day task. This beautiful written book has some hard words that can be found throughout the book but you can easily work them out. I love how you can see how hard it is to live day to day with cancer. I found this book motivational because if someone that in a lot of pain doesn’t give up neither should you. I would recommend this book to middle school students and high school students.
I loved this book made me laugh when I needed to laugh and made me cry when I needed to cry. The Fault in Our Stars made me think about you shouldn’t judge someone by the way they look because they could be ten times stronger then what you think inside of themselves. This book will make you laugh and cry so make sure you have a box of tissues.