Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

Imagine, if you will, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Now, imagine it in modern day. Does it ring any bells?

That is the book of Twilight. The book, if you had not gotten my riddle beforehand is about a girl named Isabella Swan who moves from Phoenix, Arizona to the small town of Forks, Washington. She finds it particularly boring there, until she meets a mysterious boy, one named Edward Cullen.

But... he is a vampire, who finds Bella's blood to be more tempting than any other human. The book does have a bit of twist upon vampire mythology, for one: vampires are not weak to the sun's rays, garlic, or any of that mumbo jumbo.

The downside of the book is that Bella seems to be so overreliant on Edward so much that she would not lift a finger; she would most likely ask Edward to do so. Overall, the book and its series is great, especially the climax in each one.

This book is for someone who enjoys... not the oh-so mushy romance books but the ones that are thriller/romance. Don't you think?