Tides of War series by C. Alexander London | Teen Ink

Tides of War series by C. Alexander London

By RockBeattle052 BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
RockBeattle052 BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

Tides of War

Ever had the urge to feel like what the real fight is all about? Want to know about the Navy’s Marine Mammal Program? Then get the Tides of War series.

Let me tell you a little about both books and their characters. The first book is Blood in the Water. This is about a Navy sailor Cory McNab and he joined the MMP (Marine Mammal Program), even though he has a fear of sharks ever since his brother and he were attacked by sharks and both got hurt. His partner Kaj, however, is able to get him through it all the way, even if Kaj is just an Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin in the MMP; Cory has loved dolphins ever since they saved his and his brother’s lives.

The second book is Honor Bound, beware, there are completely new characters in it! This is about a Navy sailor named Felix (forgot his last name right now); he had completed training in scuba diving. His partner Sly is a sea lion with (what I think) good coordination and Felix might not know it; they might become the best of friends.

What I liked is that these books show the companionship between humans and animals. Even though they’re in the Navy, both people and animals show affection for each other. Now I can see the possible relationships between human and animal.

What I disliked is that I didn’t how people first thought of animals. People working with animals weren’t taken seriously at first. I didn’t like that the Navy can keep secrets from the Public, like civilians.

If you are interested in the MMP or Navy, then I recommend the Tides of War series.