The Kill Order by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Kill Order by James Dashner

October 14, 2014
By NotBraden GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
NotBraden GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Use the force, harry-Gandalf
Drop out this week- Johnny B
I remember my days on the street-Mr B


Before the glade was built, before WICKED was formed, and before Thomas entered the Maze, the world was ravaged by sun flares, destroyed, and a deadly disease broke out.
Mark and Trina were there when the sun flares hit, and they survived. Surviving the sun flares was the easy part, but now a disease of madness has spread across the United States. The story follows Mark on his trip across the United States with Trina to find a cure for the madness, because they believe there is a way to stop the disease.
Their journey begins the day a berg flies overhead and starts executing their group. After the mysterious shooters have felled most of the encampment with their poison laden darts, Mark and the rest of the survivors must discover how to stop this lasting danger. 
The Kill Order was one of my most suspenseful reads over the last year.  The whole time reading the book was like a rollercoaster.  Unlike most books I’ve read over the year I actually got caught in the moment with the characters. I was worried about who would die and who would make it. 
With many twist and turns throughout the prequel, you never know what could be around the corner, whither it be armed soldiers or a nightmarish creature. This book made me actually try to find time to read, just to see what would happen next. The Maze Runner series in generally is a great series, but I believe the prequel is a lot better than the big three books.
I would recommend The Kill Order, by James Dashner to anyone interested in post-apocalyptic disasters, adventure books, or suspense driven works. Anyone over the age of 12 will enjoy this novel greatly. I do not remember a dull moment throughout all the chapters, so strap in. It will be a one to remember.
The journey made for a very eventful book. If you enjoyed the Hunger Games or Divergent, just picture this one as a gorier version of those. Many books I’ve read have promised me suspense , but           disappointed me; this book held up to that promise.