The Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam Jr. | Teen Ink

The Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam Jr.

By idcwhatever BRONZE, Harrisville, West Virginia
idcwhatever BRONZE, Harrisville, West Virginia

My Book Review
Rocket Boys By Homer Hickam:
Good For a Pass Time:
Number of stars (2 0ut of 50

Introduction
This is a good book but not my favorite.  If you like true stories then this is a book for you. I’m more about the unrealistic books. If you want a good book  for a pass time I recommend this one. I really never got  into the book but the parts I remember were good. 
Description and summary of content
The book is all about Sonny Hickam’s  life as a young adult. Just to let you know everyone calls Homer Sonny in the book ca  How he grew up in Coal wood West Virginia. The space race is what inspires him to have the dream to go up in space, and to want to build rockets. He starts building rockets and has help from his dear friends, teachers, and his mother in couraged him to build the rockets he wanted to build. He also asks help from a unlikely person a kid that everyone made fun of in school.
Evaluation
If there would have been more action and problems in the book maybe it would have caught my attention a little better. I mean it was a very inspiring and they were very determined. I was a ok book but not the best  like I said before if you like true life stories then this is an amazing book for you.
Conclusion
The Rocket Boys book was very good. Still not the best for me. Its an inspiring book for young adults. It gives you inspiration because even if your from a small county from West Virginia you can still be whatever you want to be.