Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam jr. | Teen Ink

Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam jr.

By GrandmaPrincessLolipopVanessa BRONZE, Ellenboro, West Virginia
GrandmaPrincessLolipopVanessa BRONZE, Ellenboro, West Virginia

Fries before guys.

This book is very inspirational to everyone that reads it.  This is a true story about some West Virginia boys and rockets.  They are determined and go far in life only because they believed in themselves. The Rocket Boys are determined and inspirational people.  This book is about Homer finding his true love which is building rockets.  He gets his friends into the rocket building fun also.  They spend all their time working on rockets and seeing how high they will go. There is also some drama in Homer’s life that he talks about, which includes family, friends, and some romance. Overall the book was fabulous.  Although it was a school book it was very age appropriate. It wasn’t boring like most school books it was fun to read it was something kids would want to read not what adults would want us to read.This was a very interesting book.  It shows that it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from you can do anything you believe in.  If you are determined you can go as far as you want in life.  It doesn’t matter who or where you come from you can choose your own path in life.