Divergent: So not Utopian | Teen Ink

Divergent: So not Utopian

September 18, 2014
By AmaniYviee BRONZE, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
AmaniYviee BRONZE, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Divergent by Veronica Roth is not Utopian Literature. This book is about a girl named Beatrice (Tris) who takes an aptitude test and finds out she is Divergent. The government also finds out and tries to kill her. This book does not fit into the genre of Utopian Literature because it is Dystopian.
Their world is not perfect and they have no rights. Their community is ruled by the government/ a faction. The community they live in has put them into factions or they are factionless. They pick people to take an aptitude test to see what factions they are in. If they are Divergent, they are a threat to everyone and the system and the government tries to kill them.
Some people may think that Divergent is a Utopian Literature, but it’s not.
Their community is ruled by the government. If you turn out to be Divergent, they kill you. Also if you move factions during the Choosing Ceremony, you can’t go back to your parents. This world was taken over by technology (the aptitude test and the computers that control the Dauntless).
I believe that Divergent is not Utopian Literature because their world is controlled by the government and some technology. I would definitely not want to live in a controlled world like this!


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences