The Other Side of the Mountain | Teen Ink

The Other Side of the Mountain

December 18, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

This book is a book about a boy who runs way from his home. He decides that he is going to runs to the woods and starts a new life. It is full of adventure and captivating for all to read. The boy has to learn how to do things on his own and survive in the wilderness.

The boy runs away because he gets in a fight with his family. He decides to run away to the woods because he wants to be alone. When he is in the woods he has to learn how to get his own food, water, and shelter. . He has to learn how to get his own food by hunting and fishing. He needs to get shelter by living in a giant tree trunk. He also must learn how to stay warm by building a fire. He has a lot he has to go through to be able to live in the woods by himself. The boy gets scared and frighten, but he still has to make a decision on whether he is going to go home or stay in the woods.

I would recommend this book to other people because I think that people would enjoy it. It is full of adventure. It tells how this young man survived in the woods by himself. This is a book that both boys and girls would enjoy to read. Anyone who is twelve and over would like this book a lot. It is a book that can be read to the whole family and appropriate for people twelve or older.