Eragon | Teen Ink

Eragon

“He lunged forward, and stabbed Durza through the heart.” This quote is a line in the book Eragon, a well known book by Christopher Paolini. Eragon is an action-packed, fun-filled story that will make you want to keep reading until you finish it, and never put it down.

Eragon is centered on a 15 year old farm boy, who finds a strange blue rock in the mountains next to the village he lives in. He thinks it is a lucky find for a poor farm boy, and thinks that it will buy his family their meat for the winter, but when the strange stone hatches into a dragon he is flung into a wild adventure. The variation of characters in
Eragon is ever changing, and the story is always interesting.
I love fantasy, and I was instantly hooked on Eragon from page 1, but for some people who don't enjoy fantasy as much you can still get hooked on this book. Eragon is focused on readers between the ages of 10 and 16, but anyone can enjoy the story of Eragon. I thought that this was an amazing book for a 15 year old to write. In 2005 Eragon was made into an excellent movie.

Eragon is around 500 pages long, but once you get into the book you will easily be able to finish this book. On a scale of one to ten I would give this book a ten. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy. Eragon is the first book in the Inheritance cycle, and the story is continued in Eldest (book 2) which was released in 2005, and Brisingr (book 3) which was released in September of this year, the fourth book will come out soon. Next time your at your local library be sure to check out Eragon.