I am Number Four | Teen Ink

I am Number Four

By Time-lord13 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Time-lord13 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

When life gives you lemons you make lemon-aid

Have you ever been sitting at home wishing you could be reading a good book? Then you’ll love I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. This book will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time with its action, love, and death. If you think your teenage life is difficult, then try to live it while on the run.

I am Number Four is a book about a kid named John Smith and his guardian Henri try to survive in the small town of Paradise, Ohio. John is one of the nine survivors from his home planet after it was invaded and destroyed by the Mogadorians. One, Two, and Three are dead and John is Four; he is next to die. His life is a roller coaster with his legacies developing (legacies are like superpowers for them) and trying to survive high school is just another challenge for him.

I say this book is more for young adult readers. The reason I say that is because the characters are 16 and are in high school. Also the way the characters talk in the book is the way that regular teens talk these days. The vocabulary in this book isn’t too hard to understand, but there were sometimes I had to ask what it meant. Other than the vocabulary this book is really easy to understand and is a marvelous read.

The characters in this book are John, Henri, Sarah, Sam and Mark. Oh and I can’t forget Bernie Kosar, the adorable, but strange dog. The setting of this book takes place in good old Paradise, Ohio in modern times. If you have ever read the book Daniel X by James Patterson then you’ll love this book because of the alien like creatures. I’m not going to lie, but this book has sad parts that almost made me cry. A lot of books can’t do that but this one almost did.

This is one of my favorite books that I have read. Pittacus Lore did such an amazing job writing this book. I’m so excited to read other books in the Lorien Legacies series. So far the second book, The Power of Six, is twice as exciting with its juicy secrets and other action. I just hope the other books in this series were as good as the first one. Way to go Pittacus Lore for writing such an amazing book that grabbed my attention. 

This is a fantastic read and i hope you guys like it.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences