Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick | Teen Ink

Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

December 17, 2008
By Anonymous

This is an amazing book about a family that suffers through a sickness together and changes the way they look at their lives. In this book you read about how hard it is for the family when someone gets sick as well as the toll it takes on the person that is sick which in this case is the little brother. The main character Steven, he uses his drums as a scapegoat from the drama and finds a girl that helps him through it as well. The dangerous pie is something you will have to figure out on your own. I think that the perspective from the older brother is great because if shows you what a sickness can do to the family and not just the one who has it. It also shows the amount of stress put on the family when they are taking care of the little brother who they love and don't want to lose. After reading this book I liked it so much that I had to read another great by this author called Notes from the Midnight Driver and is about a boy that is dealing with his parents that are basically divorced and community service from something he does early in the book.