the last lobo | Teen Ink

the last lobo

By Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan

I read the book The Last Lobo by Roland Smith. I thought the book was really well written I loved the way the author all ways kept you on your feet. This book is very suspenseful you never know what will happen next.

The book is about a boy (Jacob) that moves around a lot and he finally comes to this place called hopiland. Which is were his friend taw is living for the moment. So Jacob goes to live with taw since doc (guardian) isn’t with him. Well when Jake gets there he finds out that all the farmers are having a problem with there live stalk being killed. So he tries to catch this lobo so he can set it free back in Mexico. But he soon finds out the obstacles that are in his way. The biggest obstacle is Earl a big tough hunter out to kill this lobo for the money. Earl also wants to kill Jake. Will Jake catch the lobo or will earl kill him before he gets the chance.

The reason I liked this book was because the author used a specific type of writing that I am interested in. the type of writing is suspenseful and full of action and cliffhangers. I never want to put the book down when I am done reading. And after I finished this book I moved onto a different book by this author called Sasquatch. I felt that the author used a very good choice of vocabulary that made it very interesting to read. In this book there was always one character in the book that when they said his name I stood on my toes just waiting to see what will happen next the characters name was Earl. He was the bad guy in the story he was the guy that wanted to kill for money. He also had recently gotten out of jail. If I were to recommend this book to any one I would recommend the book to people who are into action adventure books. Or people who are just looking for a good book to read.

Lory said...
I love this book because I care about the way we treat animals and our environment. It also deals with cool relationships between family members, high school friends, and strangers. It is a quick read and you feel like you have experienced the whole adventure yourself by the time you read the last page.