Winter Games | Teen Ink

Winter Games

You witness your girlfriend being held at gunpoint by the people who killed your best friend. You realize you must save her. Either it is now or never. You tumble into the large, cold-blooded, murderer. The gun is knocked loose. You're not sure whether you are able to take on the giant. Soon, the police rush in and arrest the murderers. You're recognized as a hero everywhere for your courage. This excerpt shows the heart-pounding quality of this book. Winter Games, the stunning thriller, is a must read book.

Bobby Kelleher thinks he's seen it all. Watching the governor of his home state being assassinated and his best friend being killed is all a part of his résumé. To get away from all of it, he heads to Shelter Island, NY. He is immediately introduced to a Lithuanian high school basketball phenom. College coaches come from around the country to check out the kid. But things get a little crazy when his best friend is murdered. To avenge his friend's death, he investigates the murder. John Feinstein's sports mystery is a jaw dropping novel that'll leave you amazed. Winter Games, the thrilling mystery, will blow you away.

I never knew it was humanly possible for a human to stuff so many jaw droppers in three hundred pages. This book causes you to bring out the investigator in us all. You're led to believe one thing until you are smacked in a completely different direction. Once you find the culprit, you are left to wonder “Are you serious! 15,000 ideas have been bouncing around my head. And this is who did it. WOW!” The mood of this book swings, also. Once you begin to side with someone, they turn around, smack you with a pan, and walk away. These dramatic changes are what keep you hooked onto the book. I don't know about you, but I love books like these.

Things you need to face “WINTER GAMES”: extra pairs of underwear (you'll wet your first one), popcorn, three liters of soda, and the need to want to know more. While enjoying Winter Games, you'll thoroughly be checked for split-second mood changes. When I read the book, my body went stiff. My arms weren't able to put it down. I felt like the Tin Man from the “Wizard of Oz” when he got all rusted. That's how I felt. Turning the page was the oil I needed to un-hinge myself. Let the record show that I warned you; bring the necessary things I mentioned above when reading this book.

In conclusion, read Winter Games as soon as possible. This book literally pulls you into it and takes you on a dizzy, wild ride. After completing this wacky conquest, you would no longer know who to trust. John Feinstein manages to insert unbelievable realism into Bobby Kelleher. His courage causes you to admire the grit and determination it takes to fulfill your quest. His curiosity is what brought justice to evil doers. You know, I think the curiosity that Bobby had is what made guys like Albert Einstein famous. Oh well, just a thought. In my opinion, Winter Games by John Feinstein deserves three basketballs, two heart attacks, and a few strokes.

I hope this review provokes young readers to check out Winter Games by John Feinstein. I had

ShifDaddy said...
Good review. Makes me want to read the book. Mr Feinsnste must be be pleased.

THE GREATEST REVIEW I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE. I CRIED WHEN I READ!

Shinywix said...
i voted best nice job