Copper Sun | Teen Ink

Copper Sun

The book Copper Sun is filled with adventure. From Amari's African village being invaded, her being enslaved, traveling overseas on a slave ship, and going on a dangerous journey for freedom, she struggles through life. Being only 16, Amari has faced everything in life in just a couple months. Amari's seen her family and friends slaughtered before her very eyes. After a dangerous choice to find freedom, she finally does. Copper Sun, winner of the Coretta Scott King Award, is a must read book.
In my opinion, I really liked Copper Sun because of its suspense, characters, emotion, scenes, plot, and for its word choice. I love how enriched the words are. I can truly say that Sharon Draper has a way with words. In each of her sentences you start spinning round and round for more as if you were addicted. Also, Sharon Draper showed me that you can always turn something from history into something enjoyable to cry and that appeals to the reader. From my experience when I started reading I was HOOKED!!!
Copper Sun, my favorite book by Sharon Draper, is the best book I've read so far. I rate this book a good 5 stars because of its good storyline. Sharon makes the characters go through these adventures that keep the reader reading. I especially adore the way she sets up the book in parts by the main characters point of view. Also, while reading this book I noticed how every bit of the story entwines together to make the story flow.
The book Copper Sun was first recommended to me by one of my closest friend Rout, and now I'm recommending it to you. If you're the type of person that likes books with extreme suspense, supreme addiction, great word choice, and an extraordinary story topic, then this book is for you. Trust me you'll have a blast while reading it. I know I did.
All in all, Copper Sun by Sharon Draper is a great book. Even though Amari goes through many extreme struggles, and at times she gets put into these crazy situations she manages to get through them. You never expect anything that happens in this page turner. This book will leave you saying “WOW” at the surprisingly unexpected ending. Copper Sun, the award winner of the Coretta Scott King Award, is the book for you so START READING WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???