Twilight by Erin Hunter

Twilight, by Erin Hunter, is packed with action, passion, and a surge for power may be brewing. The characters of this remarkable book are cats. Do not however, underestimate them because they can hunt, fight, and survive without humans or as they would say “twolegs”. In this story, cats fight for their territories, their feelings, and their ancestors of Starclan. Cats fall in love, kits are born, leaders rise, and somehow it feels too good. Somewhere out there, an enemy lurks, ready to strike. This describes how the cats are adjusting to their new lifestyle. Erin Hunter, author of Twilight, is taking this book past the normal standards.

Firstly, the series, called Warriors, is very intriguing. Starting with titles, to prologues, and even just plain old writing, Hunter always manages to glue the book to your fingers. The cover of the book is also very shiny and will make you see it even in the darkest cave. The artwork is very beautiful. It is not a cut and paste thing that some authors accomplish, she spends her time getting an artist and telling the artist what she wants. The other thing she includes are her reviews, which are usually, or always positive. I cannot stress how much time she seems to put into each and every book that shows it face in Borders.

Secondly, Twilight starts with all the clans as friends and helping each other. The medicine cats, kind of like cat doctors, are overwhelmed with work, scrapes, thorns in the paw, and they are frantically looking for healing herbs. The leaders of the four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, are secretly talking about what to do and where to find camps. Meanwhile the medicine cats are thinking about the Moonstone, where they share tongues with Starclan (grooming each other). The leaders decide to send out the four cats that went to the Sun-Drowned Place to go and scout out the land. They end up traveling around the lake and finding a decent place for each of the four clans. Encountering many dangers, they come back with a report. Later, the Windclan leader dies of old age and a new leader is elected. Following that, cats have illegal love, friends betray each other, and trouble is brewing.

Thirdly, Twilight is a masterpiece of art, better than Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, and all those other artists who attempted painting or sculpting. Without opening the cover, it does not look that splendid. However if you bother to flip the pages it will express to you how grand it really is. In my opinion this is a wonderful novel with tons of action and feeling that jabs you in your heart and stays there. While reading the book, I was stunned by how much emotion is communicated in the writing. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat with your heart pacing so frantically that you may need to go to doctor's for a check up.

All in all, Twilight just explodes your mind when reading. Whether it is with action or a serious beginning. Erin always pulls it off with just her style. Always making it seem like you are actually watching it with all the cats hissing and slashing with their claws and teeth. If you ever become the reader of this book you will discover what will happen when you read the book. Not the characters, but you. You will think of your lazy fat cat like nothing before. Instead you might picture a lean, mean, fighting machine in its place. Who knows, you may just let your cat go to become a warrior and battle off other cats or badger. So, I really give this a strong nine out of ten claws, with ten as the greatest.

Marty C. said...
Twilight is over-hyped, badly-written, commercial teenage beach-literature.

Twi-hard66 replied...
how can you not ebjoy twiligh. it is a love triangle between a girl, a vampire, and a werwolf.

erinzombie replied...
@Marty C. this is NOT vampire, uber commerical, stephanie meyer 'twilight'! this is a different book entirely. If you read the review you'd know that.

Blank replied...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 9:33 am
This book is about CATS! C-A-T-S! Not vampires!

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
And anyways, these books are exciting! Very creative and original.

varika replied...
Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:22 am
twi-hard66 is getting twilight by stephenie meyer, confused with twilight by erin hunter

Singer4life said...
nice job :]
how come u get 2 b the #1 4 so long? well ur reveiw is awsome lol.

aamber said...
I haven't read the book, but the movie, in my opinion, wasn't all it was built up to be...

erinzombie replied...
this isn't stephanie meyers twlight this erin hunter. Completely different thing altogether. It's a book about CATS not VAMPIRES.

And this series is alot more original and it's filled with action. You might like them.

Hello said...
Hello,
Overall, great review! It makes me want to read the book again! However, next time check your facts...Erin Hunter is a pen name and the book is written by 3 authors...

leaf44 replied...
I thought it was two authors...

jay-dub said...
This was a great one, What a well written review. This makes me want to read the book...I think I will :)

Kattykat418 said...
I LOVE the Warriors series.

HouseOfNightVampire replied...
Me too! They are some of the best books Ive ever read.

hannahm. said...
Feb. 2, 2009 at 1:47 am
Erin Hunter is actually a pen-name. The books are written by multiple people.

mimi10 said...
I'm not a teen, but I am the Grandmother of teens. You have an incredible gift for writing. You captured my interest from the first paragraph.When I was much,much younger I wanted to write.To use your mind

princess mia said...
I thought that it sounded like a great story keep up the good work. But it could put somebody to sleep so add some more flavor to it.

kl3000 said...
That was an excellent piece of writing. I want to go running out the door and buy the book. Where did you learn to write like this. You have been number one for like ever. I hope you are going to post more writing in the near future

Marg-e said...
This was such a great review, I want to run out and get this book immediately. Ian really paints a great picture of not just the story, but by writing about the art, the whole package. Thanks for the recommendation.