Twilight by Erin Hunter

Twilight, by Erin Hunter, is packed with action, passion, and a surge for power may be brewing. The characters of this remarkable book are cats. Do not however, underestimate them because they can hunt, fight, and survive without humans or as they would say “twolegs”. In this story, cats fight for their territories, their feelings, and their ancestors of Starclan. Cats fall in love, kits are born, leaders rise, and somehow it feels too good. Somewhere out there, an enemy lurks, ready to strike. This describes how the cats are adjusting to their new lifestyle. Erin Hunter, author of Twilight, is taking this book past the normal standards.

Firstly, the series, called Warriors, is very intriguing. Starting with titles, to prologues, and even just plain old writing, Hunter always manages to glue the book to your fingers. The cover of the book is also very shiny and will make you see it even in the darkest cave. The artwork is very beautiful. It is not a cut and paste thing that some authors accomplish, she spends her time getting an artist and telling the artist what she wants. The other thing she includes are her reviews, which are usually, or always positive. I cannot stress how much time she seems to put into each and every book that shows it face in Borders.

Secondly, Twilight starts with all the clans as friends and helping each other. The medicine cats, kind of like cat doctors, are overwhelmed with work, scrapes, thorns in the paw, and they are frantically looking for healing herbs. The leaders of the four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, are secretly talking about what to do and where to find camps. Meanwhile the medicine cats are thinking about the Moonstone, where they share tongues with Starclan (grooming each other). The leaders decide to send out the four cats that went to the Sun-Drowned Place to go and scout out the land. They end up traveling around the lake and finding a decent place for each of the four clans. Encountering many dangers, they come back with a report. Later, the Windclan leader dies of old age and a new leader is elected. Following that, cats have illegal love, friends betray each other, and trouble is brewing.

Thirdly, Twilight is a masterpiece of art, better than Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, and all those other artists who attempted painting or sculpting. Without opening the cover, it does not look that splendid. However if you bother to flip the pages it will express to you how grand it really is. In my opinion this is a wonderful novel with tons of action and feeling that jabs you in your heart and stays there. While reading the book, I was stunned by how much emotion is communicated in the writing. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat with your heart pacing so frantically that you may need to go to doctor's for a check up.

All in all, Twilight just explodes your mind when reading. Whether it is with action or a serious beginning. Erin always pulls it off with just her style. Always making it seem like you are actually watching it with all the cats hissing and slashing with their claws and teeth. If you ever become the reader of this book you will discover what will happen when you read the book. Not the characters, but you. You will think of your lazy fat cat like nothing before. Instead you might picture a lean, mean, fighting machine in its place. Who knows, you may just let your cat go to become a warrior and battle off other cats or badger. So, I really give this a strong nine out of ten claws, with ten as the greatest.

Smoothieheart said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 9:49 am
Warriors is my favorite series, and always will be. My mom tried to read it, and said it was "too depressing" but who doesn't love some drama in a book??? I like how she's not afriad of tradegedy (or of killing off main characters) you can never be sure what will happen, and who will still be around by the next book.

emergingtalent replied...
I cry all the time, but almost noo other book holds me this captivated! I cannot wait for Night Whispers to come out!!!!!  =D

varika replied...
Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:18 am

i just read night whispers!! amazing!! cant wait till sign of the moon comes out

amazing amazing amazing!!!

Templar314 said...
I think this book deserves the award for "Best Fiction Piece Titled 'Twilight'".

Smoothieheart replied...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 9:50 am
ha ha. I agree compeletly

leaf44 replied...
lol, Absoloutly!

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm seventeen and no matter what I love these series. They're very inspiring and exciting. I love the talking animals idea.

bilbogirl said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 9:36 am
I have been reading this series for two years, and you are right all the way. Fantastic book, fantastic review.

MusicIsLife013 said...
I started reading this series when I was 10. Now, five years later, I am still an avid reader. It's one of my favorite series and I own every book! Everyone should read these books

Blank said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 9:27 am
I've read this book a lot, but I still want to read it again because this review is so good.

Linzeluu said...
this was a great series!

Emibear said...
This is a really good series! The idea of talking cats might freak you out at first but honestly, you'll be on the edge until the very end.

asianpersuation said...
wow, at first i thought it was twilight as in SM twilight, and i was like, oh not again, but got curious. sounds like a gud read, i have much to learn, show me the way of your people.

HouseOfNightVampire said...
Ive read all of the Warriors books and I love them! And by the way this is not the Twilight with vampires this is the Twilight with cats. Although I do love both.

fuzzball said...
Alright guys, listen. This is NOT Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. It is a different Twilight. READ the title before you comment.
Good job, and I agree, it's a great book.

Debaser said...
"Thirdly, Twilight is a masterpiece of art, better than Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, and all those other artists who attempted painting or sculpting."

Sorry, but no. That claim is a little ridiculous.

writer201 replied...
wow debaser........u r so rude.... can't u read! only constructive coments!!!!!!! i personally think this a wonderful peace of writing!!

xAllegria replied...
It is constructive. And true, I mean... you're comparing this B O O K C O V E R to Leonardo da Vinci? It IS ridiculous. It suggests this person has little artistic taste... I mean the least you owe to Van Gogh and Leonardo da Vinci, who spent years on one peice of work rather than this person who probably spent a total of a month for the entire book, is respect.
That aside, I really think you are idealizing the book a bit too much. I agree it's an interesting idea- cat clans, wi... (more »)

Blank replied...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 9:38 am
The whole series is amazing. How can you not enjoy reading this book.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 26, 2010 at 10:05 am
Well, I'm sure the book is excellent, not having read it myself, but comparing it to da Vinci and van Gogh, I think, IS going a bit far. The rest of the review was very good though.

leaf44 replied...
I agree with magic-esi, and i have read the books - and they are great, but that's a little much.