Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

The Twilight saga has captured the attention of millions of young women across the country. Four books, each being New York Times Best Sellers, have changed some people's thinking on novels the size of dictionaries. The fourth book in the series, Breaking Dawn, is my personal favorite. The love of Bella and Edward grows as does their relationship. It is as if ever since the words “I do” escaped through Bella's lips her life has spun into a complicated mess. With things gone south it is up to Bella to protect everything she has. Breaking Dawn, a great entertainment book, will have you falling off the edge of your chair.

It all started with Bella and Edward's wedding. If you could imagine perfect, you would see the ceremony. There were white flowers everywhere and delicious foods. They even had a piano player play lightly in the background the entire night. After Bella's dream night they went away to their honeymoon, of course they made the best of their privacy and be the second week they learned that Bella was pregnant-Oops! At first they didn't know what to think of their little predicament, it wasn't like this had happened before. One thing was decided though, the baby had to go, since it was half human/half vampire, the baby would be much stronger then Bella and would soon kill her. Bella would not allow this though, with motherly instincts she decided to keep the baby, she was positive that the child would do her no harm. She was wrong -- the baby, too strong for her to carry -- was sucking the life out of her; it was only a matter of time until Bella took her last breath.

In Breaking Dawn, the author Stephenie Meyer hooks you into her twisted love story, forcing you to turn the page. Her books capture your attention, you find yourself asking questions like “WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!”. Once you start reading, you're like a helpless fish being pulled up to the surface, reading page after page. When you finish the book you'll be wishing it wasn't over, hoping that Meyer will make one more novel to add to the series. If you like reading in general, this book is the one for you.

One thing that makes readers fall in love with this book is the way Stephenie Meyer is able to connect you to the story. The way that she describes Bella and Edward's love makes you want Bella to become a vampire too. Even though you know it's crazy for someone to give up their life for a guy you've only know for a year, you find yourself wishing that they could be together forever. The way the author writes this book you really get into the character's shoes. Teenage girls everywhere are falling in love with the mysterious Edward. Stephenie Meyer's work really gets you involved with the story.

Breaking Dawn is a real page turner. There are surprises that pop out at you from nowhere and moments that make you bite your nails. In my opinion, Stephenie Meyer wrote one of the best suspense series I've read. Bella and Edward will captivate you in their classic but thrilling love tale. These two characters are out to prove that true love can always work out -- if there are vampires involved. I would recommend this book to any girl who is looking for a good read. The next chance you get, drop by at a book store and pick up Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn.

In conclusion, all I'm trying to get through to you is: GET THIS BOOK! The characters will take you on a wild ride through friendships and even hatred. This head -- spinning novel will change the term “vampire” as you now know it. Once you start Breaking Dawn you won't be able to put it down. With a calm and collected Edward, and a klutzy Bella you'll never get bored of reading Breaking Dawn. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.”*

* Twilight pg 274

on Feb. 26 2009 at 12:12 am
ACAsoccer6 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
pretty good

to: k you said that Dutra told too much of the book but your wrong she told enough to grab the readers attention and alot of people are starting to read the series

-RihannaLover<3

Mrs. CBrown said...
who ever said it had to much info? if u read the book y r u looking at the reveiw huhh? ?

simone! said...
hi! whos mccorny? k:this review was awesome. you have no sense for good review writing.

k said...
you tell to much about the book!

McCorny said...
I Love U Dutra

Fancy said...
This is a fun and informative article. I am going to start this series of books this weekend. Thank you!

smiley123 said...
omg I love this article! I will now defiantly read this book.