The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot | Teen Ink

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot MAG

By Julia Grant SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
Julia Grant SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

Your world is in chaos. Suddenly, your life changes in just a few minutes and you are not who you thought you were. This is the scenario of Mia Thermopolis in The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot.

Mia, a 14-year-old freshman living in New York City with her artist mother, is a normal teen. Her main problems are dealing with the non-vegetarian food at her school, making sure her cat, Fat Louie, doesn’t eat ­another sock, and her social life, which is sadly lacking.

This all changes one day when Mia goes to meet her dad at the Plaza Hotel and he reveals that he is the prince of Genovia, a small European principality, and she is the sole heir to the throne. Mia is horrified that she will one day rule Genovia. Plus, this means she will have to take lessons from her insane grandmother to learn how to be a princess. Even worse, Mia still doesn’t have a date for the Cultural Diversity Dance!

The Princess Diaries is one of my favorite books. I love the use of pop culture and humor, as well as loveable Mia, whose worries and thoughts are so strangely similar to mine that I can’t help but relate to her. It has an excellent plot, full of twists and fascinating details as well as excellent characters.

The book, as you may have guessed from the title, is ­written as Mia’s diary. Her ­personality makes her words speak to you like an e-mail or note from your best friend.

I loved The Princess Diaries from its first page. Its characters and plot pull you in and don’t let go until you’ve read the last word. I would recommend this book to any teenager who is the mood for a laugh and a little romance.

LANGFLOSSIE said...
on Aug. 22 2012 at 5:04 am
Make your own life time more simple get the credit loans and all you require.

princess said...
i LOVE this book ALOT!

treasure said...
her books are bloody awesome .so is she her spirits are awesome also meg cabot stands alone .love ya meg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen. BRONZE said...
on Aug. 14 2011 at 10:36 am
Helen. BRONZE, Paide, Other
I have wanted to read some her books in a while, but i think i really have to start with one now..

bokworm SILVER said...
bokworm SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

life is gets easier by what you do not by what you don't

her books are soo ausome

xxRockehhGhostxx, Shiloh, Ohio

"Life is an interesting journey. You never know where it'll take you- Peaks and valleys, twists and turns. You can get the surprise of your life. Sometimes on the way to where you're going, you might think "This is the worst time of my life." But you know what, at the end of the road, after all the diversity, you can get where you wanted to be, you remember that whatever don't kill you makes you stronger. On your way to the top, you'll do anything. But how do you get your life back once you get there? Yeah, that's my dilemma." [TI.]

I have read most of the books in the series. They are well written, and have amazing description.

:]

on Mar. 23 2010 at 1:12 am
creativityrules BRONZE, Lucknow, Other
LOVE IT...LOVE IT....LOVE IT....LOVE IT..LOVE IT.........LOVE IT..........LOVE IT......................LOVE IT...................................................................................................................

Nicole101 said...
I agree Diva1!!!

This is a great series and the author writes really well!

WriterWannaBe PLATINUM, Somers Point, New Jersey
I feel the same way! The Princess Diaries series is a well-thought out series with a lot of thoughts relivent to the average teenage mind today!

HOPEMVP said...
I have some of the books in the series. They are awsome.

Valiant GOLD said...
Valiant GOLD, Richardson, Texas

"You look like a bloated, cross-eyed squid with a beard.... well, at least you hair looks right."
Me to my friend Heidi

Meg Cabot is amazing in the way she connects with her readers. her characters are real and witty. Mia is one of my favorite characters in her stories.

Oce*♥♫★, Canterbury, Other
i love these books, yust like i love all of meg cabot's storys.

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
i LOVED THAT BOOK!!!

kittykat123 SILVER, Fairmount City, Pennsylvania
i hav read these they are acually pretty good! but definantly different from the movies. i did not read all of them though...... :)

nishi said...
on May. 27 2009 at 10:20 am
they are awesome books i've ever read!!!!!!!!

Lizzy12 GOLD said...
Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York

<No one can make you feel inferior without your consent> Elenor Roosevelt

These books are just another chick lit.

I dont personallly like this book

but i like the film...

on May. 14 2009 at 12:44 am
meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
OMG! Amazing book series, Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors! Good Review!