The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your world is in chaos. Suddenly, your life changes in just a few minutes and you are not who you thought you were. This is the scenario of Mia Thermopolis in The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot.

Mia, a 14-year-old freshman living in New York City with her artist mother, is a normal teen. Her main problems are dealing with the non-vegetarian food at her school, making sure her cat, Fat Louie, doesn’t eat ­another sock, and her social life, which is sadly lacking.

This all changes one day when Mia goes to meet her dad at the Plaza Hotel and he reveals that he is the prince of Genovia, a small European principality, and she is the sole heir to the throne. Mia is horrified that she will one day rule Genovia. Plus, this means she will have to take lessons from her insane grandmother to learn how to be a princess. Even worse, Mia still doesn’t have a date for the Cultural Diversity Dance!

The Princess Diaries is one of my favorite books. I love the use of pop culture and humor, as well as loveable Mia, whose worries and thoughts are so strangely similar to mine that I can’t help but relate to her. It has an excellent plot, full of twists and fascinating details as well as excellent characters.

The book, as you may have guessed from the title, is ­written as Mia’s diary. Her ­personality makes her words speak to you like an e-mail or note from your best friend.

I loved The Princess Diaries from its first page. Its characters and plot pull you in and don’t let go until you’ve read the last word. I would recommend this book to any teenager who is the mood for a laugh and a little romance.

LANGFLOSSIE said...
Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:04 am:
Make your own life time more simple get the credit loans and all you require.

princess said...
Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm:
i LOVE this book ALOT!

treasure said...
her books are bloody awesome .so is she her spirits are awesome also meg cabot stands alone .love ya meg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen. said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:36 am:
I have wanted to read some her books in a while, but i think i really have to start with one now..

bokworm said...
May 12, 2010 at 7:49 pm:
her books are soo ausome

Rockehh said...
May 3, 2010 at 9:33 pm:

I have read most of the books in the series. They are well written, and have amazing description.

:]

creativityrules said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 1:12 am:
LOVE IT...LOVE IT....LOVE IT....LOVE IT..LOVE IT.........LOVE IT..........LOVE IT......................LOVE IT...................................................................................................................

WriterWannaBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel the same way! The Princess Diaries series is a well-thought out series with a lot of thoughts relivent to the average teenage mind today!

HOPEMVP said...
I have some of the books in the series. They are awsome.

NeverJuliet said...
Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 pm:
Meg Cabot is amazing in the way she connects with her readers. her characters are real and witty. Mia is one of my favorite characters in her stories.

oceanaL said...
Jul. 14, 2009 at 6:33 pm:
i love these books, yust like i love all of meg cabot's storys.

pinksage33 said...
Jun. 20, 2009 at 9:59 pm:
i LOVED THAT BOOK!!!

kittykat123 said...
Jun. 1, 2009 at 7:26 pm:
i hav read these they are acually pretty good! but definantly different from the movies. i did not read all of them though...... :)

nishi said...
May 27, 2009 at 10:20 am:
they are awesome books i've ever read!!!!!!!!

Lizzy12 said...
May 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm:
These books are just another chick lit.

to good to b true said...
May 16, 2009 at 7:09 pm:
I dont personallly like this book
but i like the film...

diva1 said...
May 14, 2009 at 12:44 am:
OMG! Amazing book series, Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors! Good Review!

Nicole101 replied...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 11:30 pm :
I agree Diva1!!!
This is a great series and the author writes really well!