The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

The book I was reading called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was very interesting. I thought some parts were very suspenseful, such as when the Hunger Games started, and even before. Not only that this author used some very interesting vocabulary to tell what's going on or to describe someone, or something. The plotline moved on very smoothly, and I didn't find any thing slow.

This book is about 12 areas in a place called Panem that does these traditional battles to put the skills of citizens to the test. Each year the capital wants one boy, and girl from each district to come and perform in this Game. This game is a life and death matter related. Their ages range from twelve to eighteen years of age. One of the characters named Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12, and she does many things to keep her mother, and her younger sister alive, such as trying to feed them. In their district the major randomly drew a person, and it was Katniss's younger sister. She steps up and takes her sister's place. Now Katniss is in a life and death situation, and losing would mean death.

What I thought was really good about this book is the vocabulary, and the plotline. I like the vocabulary because the author seemed to know when to use it. The author used the interesting words when she wanted to describe someone or to tell what's going on. The plotline seemed pretty straight forward, and thrilling. I would recommend this book to people who like science fiction or action.

tinytechie SILVER, 34 Ridgewood St., Connecticut

"I've been singing since I was born" - Idina Menzel

i agree. TOTALLY AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!

author of this review... I agree with you on several points, but despite the fact taht you praised Collins vocabulary, you neglacted to use gripping words of your own. 

the-air-unbidden BRONZE, New Market, Maryland
I thought that it came out on the 23 of march

InfiniteRain BRONZE, Steinbach, Other
OMG best. book. ever. its way better than twilight and i CAN'T WAIT for it to come out as a movie on March 25th !!!

RayBaytheDinosaur GOLD, Hampton, South Carolina

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I LOVED this book when I read it, in fact, I loved the whole series. I wrote a poem about the first book if you'd like to give me some feedback =) its called I Am The Hunger Games

troll said...
yum yum yum!

Pooper122 said...
OF what you?? or your poop?

reader#1 said...
No it dreams of piles

Pooper122 said...
YES OF COURSE IT DOES!!!

reader#1 said...
does a cammal dream of cheese?

Pooper122 said...
Wats that??? Poop?

reader23 said...
☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Pooper122 said...
UR dumb reader23 that's not right

reader23 said...
you are dumb.loser! troll

I really like the Hunger Games!! I've Already read all the series and each one is just as good as the last. If your wondering what they are if your just browsing this site they are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, & Mocking Jay. I highly recommend you read all three!!!

mickey said...

That is my favorite book I have ever read. It is amazing! If you are considering reading it do it. You might end up reading it twice in a row.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

And Aderes18, could you check out my book please? Am dying for feedback. And even though i love the books, your review had some very good points on why you don't like it. Well done.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

okay. will check it out.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

It's on Teen ink, by the way. :) 

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

Oh. You can read why I don't like it, in my review of The Hunger Games. 

on Jun. 20 2011 at 11:27 am
Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

I love that book. Very gruesome though.