The Hunger Games

The book I was reading called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was very interesting. I thought some parts were very suspenseful, such as when the Hunger Games started, and even before. Not only that this author used some very interesting vocabulary to tell what's going on or to describe someone, or something. The plotline moved on very smoothly, and I didn't find any thing slow.

This book is about 12 areas in a place called Panem that does these traditional battles to put the skills of citizens to the test. Each year the capital wants one boy, and girl from each district to come and perform in this Game. This game is a life and death matter related. Their ages range from twelve to eighteen years of age. One of the characters named Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12, and she does many things to keep her mother, and her younger sister alive, such as trying to feed them. In their district the major randomly drew a person, and it was Katniss's younger sister. She steps up and takes her sister's place. Now Katniss is in a life and death situation, and losing would mean death.

What I thought was really good about this book is the vocabulary, and the plotline. I like the vocabulary because the author seemed to know when to use it. The author used the interesting words when she wanted to describe someone or to tell what's going on. The plotline seemed pretty straight forward, and thrilling. I would recommend this book to people who like science fiction or action.

tinytechie said...

i agree. TOTALLY AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!

author of this review... I agree with you on several points, but despite the fact taht you praised Collins vocabulary, you neglacted to use gripping words of your own. 

Catniss22 said...
I thought that it came out on the 23 of march

akbrgurl said...
OMG best. book. ever. its way better than twilight and i CAN'T WAIT for it to come out as a movie on March 25th !!!

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
I LOVED this book when I read it, in fact, I loved the whole series. I wrote a poem about the first book if you'd like to give me some feedback =) its called I Am The Hunger Games

reader#1 said...
does a cammal dream of cheese?

Pooper122 replied...
YES OF COURSE IT DOES!!!

reader#1 replied...
No it dreams of piles

Pooper122 replied...
OF what you?? or your poop?

troll replied...
yum yum yum!

Book Reader831 said...
I really like the Hunger Games!! I've Already read all the series and each one is just as good as the last. If your wondering what they are if your just browsing this site they are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, & Mocking Jay. I highly recommend you read all three!!!

reader23 replied...
you are dumb.loser! troll

Pooper122 replied...
UR dumb reader23 that's not right

reader23 replied...
☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Pooper122 replied...
Wats that??? Poop?

mickey said...

That is my favorite book I have ever read. It is amazing! If you are considering reading it do it. You might end up reading it twice in a row.

siriuslyhp211 said...
I love the hunger games! They are such a good series and very much worth the read. If you want reviews from different teen voices on each book, check out behindspine.blogspot.com for reviews!

Lilies said...
This book seems worth the read.

loopybanana replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:24 am
it is! do_ob

Aderes18 replied...
May 26, 2011 at 11:58 am
It's very not. I hated this book. 

Tink1350 replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:27 am
I love that book. Very gruesome though.