Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie | Teen Ink

Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie

“But the Dangerous Pie isn't ready yet.” This is a quote from the book Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick. This quote represents the challenge that Jeffery was before he was diagnosed with cancer.

This book is about Jeffery, a young boy, who is diagnosed with cancer and puts his entire family into a stressed, hanging by a limb family. This family is in a very strange predicament the youngest has cancer they are in hundreds of dollars in debt and Stephan is failing every class he's in. Girl of his dreams hates him for not letting her into his house because she was sick and he's blowing it away at his drumming career. His mom quit her job to take care of Jeffery and they have to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills. So this family is basically this family is going down the drain.

This author is a very strong to the point author. He has his way by writing what he thinks is the best as possible. He has almost no generic words he uses the most descriptive writing style possible. He is very descriptive. I love this book I have read it many times through and I ‘m still not sick of it. It has very good dynamic dialogue and nifty narration. He puts the point of view that all people can understand. The dynamic character in this story is Jeffery. He is basically the most important character because everything revolves around him. Without him this bad situation would not be happening. Stephan happens to be the target he seems to be having the worst time at handling this. He seems to be having the hardest time and the author puts his point of view as seeming the worst. He makes it easy to understand by making it almost into my point of view. I love this book only because he is so descriptive. If this was any less descriptive it probably would ruin the whole point of the story because it would be to boring and sad. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a book that they don't want to put down.