Shiver by Maggie Steifvater | Teen Ink

Shiver by Maggie Steifvater

August 19, 2014
By Kulia Acquaro BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Kulia Acquaro BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

nt; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">Grade 8

 

Grace is a teenaged girl who lives in Boundary Woods. Every day she watches the thick woods behind her house, watching and listening for wolves. As a young girl, she was attacked by wolves, but one wolf saved her from the others. Since then, whenever she saw that yellow-eyed wolf, she felt connected to him. She thought of him as “my wolf”. Over time, more and more people started being attacked by wolves, and the people of the town decided to end the attacks by hunting the wolves. When a yellow-eyed boy named Sam shows up her house, shot and afraid, Grace knows it is her turn to help him.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, is a heartwarming and thrilling fantasy romance. It is the story of Grace and Sam, and their struggle to be together for as long as possible before Sam goes back to his wolf form forever.

In addition to the Shiver trilogy, Steifvater has written two other books. Another author described her books as “musical, magical, and radiating romance...perfect for engaging sharp minds and poetic hearts”. Steifvater lives in the countryside of Virginia with her husband and two kids.

When you read this book you won’t want it to end! I can’t wait to read the second book in the trilogy. There was a lot of suspense that kept me on the edge. The supernatural parts of the story were really interesting and the way the author described them made them sound so realistic and possible. As the reader gets to know Grace and Sam throughout the story, you can’t help but hope they stay together. I would highly recommend this book to my friends, with one warning: this book is highly addictive, so the reader will have no social life. Once you enter Boundary Woods, it is hard to leave...