The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

December 16, 2008
By Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, by Ann Brashares, is a book about a group of friends who have never spent a summer away from each other, but are being separated for the first time. It is about growing up and learning about yourself, and also about your friends.

The characters in this book, Carmen, Lena, Bridget, and Tibby, all spend their summers in different places for the first time. They each have their own adventures through the summer- Carmen finds out that her dad is getting married, Lena spends time with some of her family in Greece, Bridget falls in love at a soccer camp, and Tibby becomes friends with a twelve year old who is able to help her make a video and teaches her new things about life. Along the way, they each have problems, but with the help of their friends and the traveling pants, which amazingly fit them all though they're all different sizes, they get through the summer and are eventually reunited.

I liked this book because the characters were easy to relate to, and their problems were realistic, which makes the story better. By the end of the book, the characters are like your best friends, and it feels like they're real people. It was also easy to visualize what was happening, and it feels like you're there while you're reading because of the descriptive language. It's the type of book that I think all girls in middle school and high school should read. You will want to read it again and again, and it's impossible to put it down once you've started.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.