So B. It by Sarah Weeks | Teen Ink

So B. It by Sarah Weeks

"If Truth was a crayon and it was up to me to put a wrapper around it and name it, I know just what I would call it-dinosaur skin." Oh, goodness this was the best hook to a book I have ever seen, I just could not stop reading It! The title of the book is So. B It, and the author is Sarah Weeks.

This book is about a girl named Heidi whose mom is physically and mentally disabled. Heidi lives with her mom and her next-door neighbor Bernadette. This book basically is all about Heidi's journey to try to find out her past, sense her mom has very limited words she can say. But the only problem is Bernadette can't go outdoors due to a tragedy that happened. So, Heidi has to do it all by herself and let me tell you this it was not very easy for Heidi to travel on a train to liberty all alone.

What I loved about this book was that it always kept you on your toes about what was going to happen next. The point of view was great because it kind of switched so it made it more interesting to read, it was not just one person the whole time talking. I think you could really hear the author's personality throughout this book so it really helped me understand what was going on. This book made me have mixed feelings there was some parts, where it was very happy and intriguing and there were some parts, which were very sad and made me cry. I recommended this book to many different people and I talk about it all the time, that's how much I Loved, it! This book also moved me to accept all people no matter of skin color, race, or mental and physical disabilities. Thanks!