Brisingr by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

December 15, 2008
By Anonymous

Brisingr is the third book in the series of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. The author is Christopher Paolini. The book is a prominent fantasy and adventure. The book is seven hundred and twenty six pages long and it makes you want to sit down and read it all day until you drop.

I like Brisingr because it tied up a lot of loose ends and it had many characters who were more than extras, they were almost like living beings who had feelings, lives, and duties. The main characters are Eragon, Saphira, Roran, and Katrina and more. The setting takes place in Alagaesia, a mystical place with goblins and dragons and elves. The plot is how all of the races must team up and together take down the most evil man in the world, Galbatorix, and also take down his minions.

Saphira is Eragon's dragon who hatched from an egg in the first book and is now fully grown into a beast made of scales, fangs, claws, and emotions. Roran is Eragon's cousin who uses a sledge hammer to prow through enemies like they were made of tooth picks. Katrina is Roran's girlfriend who is at first stuck in a cave chained up against the wall with creatures that were part human and part bird and who would peck out your eyes and and killed you. Eragon is from Carvahall, as was Roran.

I think the way Christopher wrote the story made everything come alive. When I read it, it felt like I was in a movie watching them as the movie went on. I felt for the characters when times for hard and I felt happy when they did something I could never have done or thought of. When Eragon uses a spell or rides his dragon it is as if I were casting a spell or riding a dragon with him. I don't think Christopher could have written the book Brisingr any better if he had another ten years to write it.

I think this is the best of the series. It brings out the people in the story much more than in Eragon or Eldest. But, since this is the third book in the series, you will have to read the other ones and seeing how great they are too and also knowing the third book is even better.



It was the best fantasy book I have ever read in my life. I would give this book a big fat five star rating for all of the parts that made it a good story like characters, plot, setting, how the author wrote it, its length and much much more. I would recommend this book for people from nine to adults. It would be good for kids because it is enchanting and magical. Yet, it would be good for adults because it has real life problems in it too. It is a mixture of fantasy, adventure, and realistic fiction.