Fairest by Gail Carson Levine | Teen Ink

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

December 16, 2008
By Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
Jessica Cox PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang in aria”. I really liked this hook to start this great book. The book is called Fairest it was written by Gail Carson Levine. It was an amazing book I loved it.

The book takes you on an amazing journey with a talented girl named Aza. She's had a tough life, as a baby her mother left her in the Feather bed inn and if that wasn't enough she is considered ugly by every one in the village. She's big boned and has very pale skin, a dark black hair and blood red lips. She's treated horribly by the guest some of them won't even let her serve them. But that all changes when a duchess comes into town and stays in at the inn. She challenges Aza but Aza succeeds every time which comes I n handy when her lady in waiting gets sick and can no longer travel with the duchess. Aza travels with her the palace to see the king be wed to his new fiancé. Aza befriends the new young queen Ivy. This friendship takes Aza on a very exciting and dangerous journey.

This book was very entertaining and well written. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I could easily connect with the characters. I really liked how the author wrote the story. She made it come alive and I could see the setting she was very descriptive. I liked the morals of the book it really taught a great life lesson. You could really relate to Aza because everyone has their hidden talent and the supportive family. My favorite character was character the gnome ZhamM he was so inspiring. He didn't what was on the outside he saw the beauty on the inside. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes fantasy and capturing, emotional stories. It's a really great book I would take the time to read it.