Barack Obama: In His Own Words | Teen Ink

Barack Obama: In His Own Words

Barack Obama: In His Own Words is a great book by Lisa Rogak, and is non-fiction. This book is excellent if you are wanting to get tid-bits on a lot of Obama's speeches.
This book is filled with quotes form speeches in the pas that President Elect has recited. Barack Obama's main point was to enhance world peace, and to make the world a better place to be.
Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4th 1961. After living in Kansas, he moved back to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Barack graduated from high school in 1979. He attended Occidental; College in California for two years before he transferred to Columbia university. In 1982 he found out that his father had died in a car accident in Kenya. Obama graduated from college in 1983 with a bachelor's in Political science. After spending a year in a corporate job he moved to Chicago to work in the Community Projects, joining a non-profit organization. In 1988 he attended Harvard Law School and graduated in 1991. He met Michelle Robinson in the summer if 1989 and married in 1992. Obama's first book was called Dreams form my father published in 1995. Shortly Obama returned to Chicago to do more non-profit organizations. Malia was born in 1999 and Sasha was born in 2001. For a little bit more information on Barack Obama read Barack Obama: In His Own Words and Dreams form my father.
I give this book four stars