SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT | Teen Ink

SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT

“Something to blog about” is the story of a normal teenage girl dealing with homework, boys, and mean girls. Her life is completely normal, she's doing well in school, and still crushing on a guy she's liked for years. When she finds out about his need for a tutor in chemistry she couldn't be more exited to help, putting aside the fact that she's also failing chemistry. She starts helping him, while receiving secret tutoring sessions from her best friend. Things couldn't be going better, then- BAM her mom is dating the father of the most popular girl at school, and her arch enemy.

This girl just happens to be her arch rival and the apple of her long-time crush's eye. In other words, drama drama drama.

As she runs into the all the other twists and turns of high school, she learns more about herself, her friends, and even her enemies.

I thought this book was very good as far as “easy reads” go. Just the thought of my mom dating a really mean/ popular girls father, terrified me to my very soul! The authors style of writing made it very easy for me to put myself in her shoes. It's funny and very real, so you can really get to know the characters, and identify with their feelings and situations. I wouldn't call it a brilliant piece of literature but, I did think it was cute and fun to read, and had a very satisfying ending. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends. Four stars!

macko spoony said...
on Dec. 17 2008 at 5:10 am
nice job!!!!!