Eva | Teen Ink

Eva

December 12, 2008
By Kenzie413 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
Kenzie413 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"That which me manifest is before us. The car goes where the eyes go."


Did you ever wonder what the world will be in 300 or so years? We can only guess, but the science fiction book I read is almost believable. Eva by Peter Dickenson is about a girl named Eva who got in a car accident. Her body was damaged beyond repair, but there was one way she might be saved.

Using the body of a chimpanzee, doctors used cell memory and grew Eva's brain in the body of the chimp. When Eva awakes, she is the target of plenty of attention.

Eva's family earns money because of her working on commercials, but Eva feels confused and alone. Who is she, really? A chimp or a human? Was what the doctors did right? Why is the life of a human more important than the life of a chimp?

Those questions plague her, and then she meets Grog. He tells her about a project that might save the failing human race, if she can succeed.

Eva was an exciting book, full of unexpected twists and parts that made you think. It was written in first person, and the writer did an excellent job of that. I think I would rate it four stars out of five. Eva is a great short read, and I would recommend it.