Looking For Alaska by John Green | Teen Ink

Looking For Alaska by John Green

June 5, 2014
By iceo585 SILVER, Auburn, New York
iceo585 SILVER, Auburn, New York
5 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"People may hate you for being different and not living by society's standards, but deep down, they wish they had the courage to do the same." - Kevin Hart


Looking For Alaska





Personally, for me it had been a while since I had read a book that got me sucked into the story. I didn’t think my life while at boarding School could have gotten any worse until I finished this book. John Green is an amazing, author and I have read all of the books that he has published.


In Looking for Alaska, 16-year-old Miles Halter has gone through his life without ever getting looked at twice. He decides that it might be a good idea to go to his father’s alma mater, Culver Creak, in search of a “ Great Perhaps.”


When he gets there he figures out that it is the best choice he had ever made in his life. Not only does he have friends, but he also meets the girl of his dreams, Alaska Young. She is gorgeous, smart, funny, sexy, messed up, and a fascinating girl who’s everything that he needs in his life. She pulls him in and launches him into what he had been searching for. While with her, he has finally gotten friends and has a new girl friend.


But, suddenly everything changes the night Alaska goes missing and is pronounced dead. He goes insane trying to figure out what happened on that night where he finally kissed Alaska and when she finally told him “ to be continued…”

John Green’s style of writing is the type that will get any young adult reader sucked into his books. As he says in his books “Thomas Edison's last words were, 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.”


The author's comments:
I really had fallen in love with this book ever since i have read it.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1 comment.


cara.p said...
on Jun. 11 2014 at 3:54 pm
This young writer has an excellent voice. He seems very talented and brought this book to light. Looking forward to more from this talented writer!