Looking For Alaska by John Green | Teen Ink

Looking For Alaska by John Green

By hdavis BRONZE, Petersburg, Alaska
hdavis BRONZE, Petersburg, Alaska

Looking For Alaska was a very heart wrenching book. Miles (aka Pudge) goes to boarding school and has an adventure filled time. Miles is a shy kid from Florida. After arriving at the boarding school in Alabama, he meets his roommate “The Colonel”. They became best friends and he soon introduced him to a girl named Alaska. Miles could tell that Alaska was anything but ordinary. Miles, The Colonel, Alaska and a few other friends set out to pull the school’s annual prank on the principal Mr. Starnes (aka The Eagle). Pudge and Alaska talk and become close. One of my favorite quotes out of this book was “So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” This quote shows the importance of their relationship. Very soon after the prank something tragic happens.

This book is worth reading because the characters are so real they jump out of the page! I think teens should read this book because it deals with real life situations. Even though it’s more appropriate for high school, I thought is was so heart-warming between all the friends’ connections and it doesn’t stay the same, well, because that’s part of life. This book is a definate must read for realistic fiction or coming of age stories.

I'm a middle school student from Alaska and John Green is my favorite author.