Impostor by Susanne Winnacker | Teen Ink

Impostor by Susanne Winnacker

May 29, 2014
By Jasmine30 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Jasmine30 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Impostor

Impostor is full of description and detail. This is the book that will let you go into the life of the characters. The way the book is written makes you want to keep reading and never put the book down. If you are looking forward to reading a book full of action and vividly painted pictures, I recommend Impostor by Susanne Winnacker.

In Impostor the author is great at starting out with something really catchy. With someone drowning and having a lot of chaos happen at one time is the first attention grabbing technique used. Everyone running around, screaming for someone to help, and the person drowning was the start of all the action. The details put into what the character was feeling when she was drowning made the book interesting right away.

Description in this book creates a feeling of nervousness. The main character, Tessa, later pretending to be Madison, is always really nervous to be taking the place of a dead girl. She pretends to be part of a family that she has never known. She ends up having struggles with herself, because she’s never had a family, and this conflicts with the identity she is stealing. Throughout the reading the description of her feelings makes the reader more aware of why she is feeling the way she is.

Halfway through the book is where there is way more description. The scenes are easily visualized and you can see everything that happens. This is the part where the most action happens. The murders and the people involved are slowly revealed. You are able to feel the tension as more people are getting involved.

Impostor is a book that I really enjoyed and that I recommend for anyone who wants to read something very descriptive. If you are ready for being a part of a new family and ready for some action, this is the book for you. Be prepared to read non-stop.