Polly Wants To Be A Writer by Laura Thomas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Laura Thomas’s Polly Wants to Be a Writer: The Junior Author’s Guide to Writing and Getting Published provides much-needed insight into the everyday battle budding young writers wage against their inner dragons, depicted through the inspirational tale of Polly, a 15-year-old aspiring writer attempting to tame her defiant inner dragon. This brilliant fusion of adventure and guidance should be every young writer’s greatest weapon in the battle to beat procrastination and writer’s block. It’s embedded with vital information relatable to writers everywhere.

Anyone who has a toe in the world of literature is well aware of the endless spectrum between fiction and nonfiction, and it is safe to say that Thomas has effortlessly mastered a blend of both genres, rendering Polly Wants to Be a Writer the ultimate guide for aspiring authors in their quest for publication.

I genuinely recommend this book to anyone considering a career as a writer, publisher, or editor, or even just someone who might enjoy a coming-of-age tale about a determined young girl and her truculent dragon.