The Scorch Trials by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

By Andrew.Harmsway BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Andrew.Harmsway BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

The scorch trials is a book that draws you in. It starts by having a good beginning then from there its just keeps getting better. It got better for me. What really drew me in was that the narrator said that all the characters have the flare. the flare is a disease that was caused by the sun that kills your brain and go crazy. When the narrator said that. I was so going to read the next chapter. The next chapter surprised me even more.

I chose “The Scorch Trials” as a book for an a assignment at school. But first I read “The Maze Runner.” That one I had no choice. I had to read it but It was still good. The author really brought me in at the beginning, and it just got better. That Is what me want to read “The Scorch Trials.” This book also drew me in with its action, and there wasn’t a lot of romance. For all of you that don’t like romance.

I feel that anyone could get into this book and finish in one day. If they had the time. I feel this because it is really good. In how it has foreshadowing, but not too much. some examples are “The room lapsed into a silence.” also “I have got to go. You won't hear from me for a while.” Thats another thing about this book. It gives you little hints at at time about what is going to happen latter in the book. Anyways “The Scorch Trials” really drew me in with its foreshadowing.

The antagonists is W.I.C.K.E.D. They are a group of the worlds government. (All of them combined). They formed because of the flare. W.I.C.K.E.D is trying to find a cure for it and they have chosen a select few to do tests on. The main character (Thomas) in this book believes that W.I.C.K.E.D is doing somthing wrong. So he doesn’t believe them.

The Protagonist is Thomas because he it being a hero to all his fellow gladers. (People from the first book and the first test). Thomas is also trying the beat he can to get as many people to the safe haven at the end of the scorch. The gladers have tattoos on their neck that tell them what they are supposed to be in the group. There's only one problem Minho is the leader, But in the scorch there are signs that say Thomas is the leader.

This piece took me half an hour

this is really helpful