Steve Jobs: The man who thought different by Karen Blumenthal | Teen Ink

Steve Jobs: The man who thought different by Karen Blumenthal

By Russell Decker BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Russell Decker BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

Steve Jobs the Man Who Thought Different, a biography written by Karen Blumenthal, is intriguing, outstanding and a well-crafted work of literature. It is the amazing life journey of the billionaire Steve Jobs. I was extremely interested in what type of environment was provided in order to create such a successful and brilliant human being. The biography has a target audience of young adults age 13 to 18 I would assume. There are few large vocabulary words used throughout the work and when there is an intimidating word used it is defined in a diminutive dictionary located at the end of the biography. Every sentence is worded in a way to make the book an easy read. This was also appealing to me since I was more interested in his life than a well put together story. If one is searching for a novel where the reader escapes reality I would not recommend this book because it is a true story from cover to cover. Jobs dealt with the all of the same problems as everyone other human being, he had a vision and desire to reach perfection that was so much higher than every other person in the world. It is a reflection of real life and gives a reader a sense of the mentality it takes to become successful through any endeavors one may take on. The biography is lacking in artistry of language and details but that is not the purpose of the book. It is crafted well enough that it does not distract from the story it just is not outstanding. Jobs had an extremely cold side to his personality that I do not embrace but he is the billionaire, not me. For example he kicked his girlfriend out of his life when she told him she was pregnant because he did not believe he had time to raise a child. He also did not give any of his peers who helped start Apple any shares when he took the company public. I recommend this biography to readers who are interested in the life of Jobs with no fluff. This book is clear, concise, fascinating and an easy read.