The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

By Twolf BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Twolf BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

In the thrilling book The Titan’s Curse written by Rick Riordan, the god Artemis goes missing for no reason at all. In this third installment of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, adventure and action occur frequently. Too much dismay, Percy and his friends must hunt her down. The team must find Artemis before the winter solstice, which is when she could swing a vote that will determine the war with the titans. Not only that, but Percy must also find a powerful monster that could destroy Olympus forever.
The novel, The Titan’s Curse, has been praised and accredited for the magnum opus created by Rick Riordan. The language is clear enough that anyone can read the book and would be aware of what the author is displaying. The author uses vivid images, such as Percy’s sword, and details to describe the demi-gods dueling throughout the combat scenes. Percy Jackson, Grover, and friends go on a mission in attempt to rescue the new demi-gods and find that threatening monster. Helping one forget about not only themselves, but also of the world around you, is what the author accurately portrays when Athena’s daughter is being taken by this terrorizing monster.
The author, Rick Riordan, adds just enough detail to make the book come to life. The author’s great use of language and imagery clearly brings the reader closer. Percy Jackson’s mission to save Olympus is a long and vivacious journey that will leave the reader wanting more. Language and imagery aid in the creation for an engaging and easy to read novel that is recommended for any kid or young adult.