The Twilight Saga | Teen Ink

The Twilight Saga

There are two words that will describe the Twilight Saga; vampire romance. And yes, they are all definitely as good as they sound. This romantic series by Stephenie Meyer might be rated for Young Adults, but adults will like these books just as much.

A story of star crossed lovers, young Isabella Swan moves to Forks, Washington and falls madly in love with the ever gorgeous vampire Edward Cullen. This series starts with Bella first moving to Forks and going to school. The four books (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn) go through Bella's life from the time she moved to Forks, then meeting Edward and falling in love, to broken hearts and new relationships, and then to hard choices, love that will last forever, and a lot of surprises!

One of the biggest themes in this series is that the choices we make can, and probably will, really affect our future. But the future is always changing, like Alice, Edward's sister, can easily see. Another big theme in the books is the decision to do the right thing. For example, the Cullen's refrain from drinking human blood because they think it is wrong, which is why they consider themselves to be “vegetarians.”

I believe that this series was very well written. There were some parts in the different books that got a little boring, but all in all, the series is amazing. The character Bella is a very believable character that a lot of people can probably relate to. I really love the little twists that Stephenie Meyer puts on the whole vampire myths. I think that the whole series is pretty believable, but then again I'm kind of different. Since there are vampires, not everyone will think this story is as believable as I do.

All in all, the Twilight Saga is a definite must. You definitely want to go out and buy all the books so that you can read them over and over again. Sooner or later, you will fall for this series as hard as I have, and trust me, you won't want to get back up.