The Skin I'm In | Teen Ink

The Skin I'm In

December 5, 2008
By JoshM BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
JoshM BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Melleka is the main character in the book titled: The Skin I'm In. Her problem is allowing her fears to get the best of her. Melleka grew up in an unwealthy environment. Fortunately Melleka is the “poor” one throughout her school. Melleka hates going to school everyday; it hurts her to be in school with everyone picking on her. The main thing that Malleka wants to do is to let people know that she might be “poor” looking on the outside, but she is a wonderful, beautiful, caring, young lady on the inside. The genre of this book is realistic fiction, and it is a wonderful book to read. My opinion of this book is that letting people get the best of you is not wise. If you know who you are, and who you've grown to be, then their opinions does not exist. You should read this book very carefully to feel the emotional, and physical feeling that are stated throughout the book. I felt as if I was walking in Malleka's shoes. She went through a lot while she was coming up, and I can relate to how she felt in the book. The Skin I'm In is a beautiful realistic novel, and it's theme is learning to speak your truth. Also it's stating that you should not let your feelings move you to things that you would not want to do. Have you ever read book written by: Sharon Draper? If not then you should be interested in reading new things written by new authors to you. There is a mystery within the book that needs to be solved.Will it be solved? Read this book to find the answer to the mystery.


The author's comments:
I really like this book. It is really a good book. If you are under the age of 10, then you should not read this book. It is hard to understand if you don't understand, or cannot connect with the book

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.