Bronx Masquerade | Teen Ink

Bronx Masquerade

Have you ever in your life wanted to quit school and be whatever career you wanted? In my book Bronx Masquerade by Nikki Grimes. Tyrone a boy from the Bronx experience change in his school. Going to his writing teacher Mr. Ward's Open Mike Fridays. It is a time when students could read poetry they made up. After each poem you can see Tyrone's appreciation.
Characters
Tyrone Bittings: main character who dislikes school wanting to be a rapper for his life choice
Wesley “Bad Boy” Boone: Tyrone's best friend trying him to go to school
Chankara Troupe: A girl who previously broke up with her boyfriend who hit her
Raul Ramirez: A boy who loves to paint pictures of himself and his girlfriend
Diondra Jordan: A tall girl who is told by everybody she should play basketball when she wants to paint like Raul
Devon Hope: A boy on the basketball team who is afraid if his friends reading a book he will be called a geek
Lupe Algarin: A girl who wants to have a baby like her friend Gloria Martinez
Gloria Martinez: Is a single teenage mother trying to take care of her baby
Janelle Battle: That likes a boy in her class Devon Hope anyone who tries to get with him will stand her raft
Leslie Lucas: Is the one of the only white girls in the school moved here because of her mother's death
Judianne Alexander: A girl who doesn't believe in her looks
Tanisha Scott: Is a girl who has a lighter skin than everyone else who Tyrone calls her “Caramel Cutie”
Sterling S. Hughes: Other kids call him “Preacher” because of his spiritual believes
Any Moscowitz: A girl's father that barely cares for her
Sheila Gamberoni: The other white girl in the school who doesn't have self confidence
Steve Ericson: A white student who doesn't get along with Tyrone

Wesley trying to get Tyrone to school so he could learn about poetry. Sterling has a problem with another student in the cafeteria. Will Lupe get over having a baby? Can Wesley get Tyrone go to go school? Will Amy get her father to start caring for her? What does Leslie do when she bumps into the meanest girl in the school? What shocking thing does Steve do for Tyrone? You have to read The Bronx Masquerade to figure out. I would recommend this book to people who love poetry books

on Apr. 8 2010 at 7:01 am
Muzic4MeAlwayz SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"Love is a perfect bond of union."

read this book in my english class its really good