The Chocolate War | Teen Ink

The Chocolate War

Jerry Renault is no ordinary boy, who comes to figure out that his stubbornness can come at a cost of blood, pain, and maybe even death. Robert Cormier’s style of writing is very different and unique, which gives this book the ultimate page turning experience. At a private catholic school in New England Archie a slick, smooth, wise kid and a group called the vigils are up to no good. Every year the school holds a chocolate fundraising sale, but this year something different goes on… Someone chooses not to participate in the school tradition. Let me tell you no good come out of it.

I recommend this book to everyone. Although if you’re a girl watch out, because there is a little bit of boy sexual humor. Jerry and I are very much alike which made this book really interesting to read. We both like to be different, and are both extremely stubborn. Most 14 year old boys are like this at the stage in life so I think that is by far the audience for this book.

I would give this book 10 out of 5 stars! I don’t know what your doing reading this book review. Go out and read the book! Now!