Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

Stephenie Meyer has captured and melted hearts of young adults everywhere in this sizzling vampire romance that is said to be “a vampire story for people who don’t like vampire stories”. In the first sequel of four enthralling novels, Meyers introduces the story of a shy, klutzy teen (Bella Swan) who falls in love with a beautiful, captivating vampire (Edward Cullen).

When Bella finds herself trapped in the dreary and ever-constant cloudy town of Forks, Washington, after moving from sunny Arizona, she gets more than she bargained for. She meets the mysteriously handsome Edward on her first day at Forks High and from there plunges into exciting and life-threatening adventures that threaten to tear her from Edward’s arms. As their love and romance grows stronger, the well-kept secrets of the Cullen family unfold and dramatically change seventeen-year-old Bella’s life.

On the run and terrified after enemies of the Cullen family threaten to take away Bella’s life, she tears herself from the protection of the Cullen’s when she is forced to believe that the dangerous vampires have taken someone she loves. It is up to the heroic efforts of Edward to save Bella and himself from the deadly hands of his enemy.

Meyers’ descriptive language and knack for story-telling make this a nonstop read and makes you feel as if you yourself are in love with Edward and fighting to keep a surviving relationship. I personally could not put this five-star book down once I got started. This definitely is a must read.