Bearstone | Teen Ink

Bearstone

December 1, 2008
By Anonymous

I think Bearstone was a very interesting book. It’s about a boy who is always in trouble, and in some parts of the book reminds me of me.
The boy’s name is Cloyd Atcitty, he is a Ute Indian who is very interested in the last Colorado Grizzlies. After getting caught while trying to run away from the group home, his dorm mother sends him to a farm with an old man named Walter Landis. Soon after reaching the farm with his dorm mother he runs away soon as he gets a chance. Short after he runs away, not far from where he ran from the adults and the truck he finds a cave so he gets curious and goes and sees what’s in it and he finds out it was a beriul grave for the Ute Indian. After lounging around in there he finds a a stone. Not long after finding the stone and settling in with the old man a little, he goes to the mine that old Walter own and, he is finally going to open for the first since his wife died. While out at the mine Walter tells Cloyd he can go out fishing in a creek that Walter used to fish in when he was young, when Cloyd was fishing he heard something in the trees so he turn a round and couldn’t believe what he was seeing! What he seeing was the one of the last Grizzlies in Colorado! So he goes back to camp and there he meets a big game hunter.
I liked this book a lot. After picking it for the first time I didn’t want to put it down. I strongly recommend this book to people who like to read about adventure and I give it two thumbs up!


The author's comments:
I'm Coool