Brian's Winter

Brian’s Winter was a great adventure book, with a lot of surprises behind every corner without the author, Gary Paulson giving away what will happen next. I really like this book because it caught my attention because it was the second book to Hatchet and Hatchet was a good book. Also this book didn’t make me want to fall asleep while reading it.

This book is the second book to Hatchet. Although in the book Hatchet Brian gets found after his plane crash while on his way to see his dad. After living in the wilderness for six weeks he gets found. Gary Paulson makes Brian’s Winter as if Brian had never been found and he has to live in the Canadian wilderness during the cold winter days. In the book Brian’s Winter, Brian gets brought back to where his came site was before he got found. While he was there he had problems catching animals but he figures out the problem and gets food to eat. He also has to learn how to live not only in summer but also in the winter.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves adventure books and anyone who loves surprises.

laxmm said...
Brians winter was a very engaging book and was usually very realistic. Some parts were odd, like having a skunk threaten him for food, but for the most part it was a very serious novel. I was able to keep up with the story even though i hadn't read Hatchet. I would definately recomend this to anyone who enjoys realistic fiction books.

25_Abbi D said...
I really enjoyed this book! I like how Brian thought of different ways to help him self get through the winter. Once I started to read this book I could never stop. Now I have read many of Gary Paulson's Books. This is a book to read if you want to get your mind thinking!