How To Fall In Love by Cecelia Ahern | Teen Ink

How To Fall In Love by Cecelia Ahern

By Vedika Patwari SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
Vedika Patwari SILVER, Hyderabad, Other

How to Fall in Love – Cecelia Ahern

“It’s so dark right now, I can’t see any light around me.
That’s because the light is coming from you. You can’t see it, but everyone else can”

After catapulting herself into the hearts and bookshelves of readers in 2004 with her first book, PS, I love You; Cecelia Ahern became a worldwide name synonymous with enchanting tales and beautifully written storybooks. Her eleven books came in intricately designed covers and her elegant words came filled with multitudinous emotions and with a guarantee to plaster a broad smile across the reader’s face. Ahern’s latest work, How to Fall in Love, definitely exceeds expectations and the author’s unparalleled writing skills are showcased through this charming story that takes the reader from tears to smiles with its commendable humor and dry wit!

The whirlwind journey starts off at the Ha’penny Bridge, Dublin when Christine – our self-help book loving, slightly eccentric and completely lovable female lead- chances upon Adam – our handsome, slightly suicidal and equally vivid male lead – who is on the verge of jumping off the bridge. In a hasty bid to save Adam’s life and prevent his suicide attempt, Christine takes a dangerous gamble by making a deal with Adam. She buys herself two weeks, until Adam’s 35th birthday, to make him fall in love with his own life. However, the span of two weeks might just be too short a time for Christine to make Adam look past his lost job, girlfriend and dying father and simply rediscover the joys of life.

Going against time, Christine strives to fulfill her mission and her determination to help Adam fall in love with life is evident throughout the book. Together, with unquestionable chemistry, Adam and Christine make a warm and incredibly emotional story about fate, love and life.

Cecelia Ahern narrates Adam and Christine’s heart-warming story with a delightful sense of humor and unbelievable wit and charm. Sketching the lead characters brilliantly, it is impossible for the reader not to fall in love with Adam and Christine. Lacing the delicate plot with magical moments and intelligent bantering – characteristic of the Irish author – Ahern provides yet another beautiful tale that stays with the reader long after the last page has been turned.

Complying with the glowing reviews magazines and critics have given How to Fall in Love, the story is indeed, a “great life-affirming read that wisecracks its way from dark to light!”

Make sure you don’t miss Cecelia Ahern’s latest modern fairytale because it will definitely add Irish magic to your day!