Peeps by Scott Westerfeld | Teen Ink

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

November 25, 2008
By Anonymous

I happened to have read this book because I have read many other books by the same author and his books has caught my attention. This book is for those who like a little adventure, a little of science fiction, and excitement. This book caught my attention the second I started reading. I can’t wait for the next book in the series.

This book is about a guy named David who has figured out that he is a carrier of a disease that turns people into a peep, which is a vampire. These peeps aren’t like other vampires you would know about today, but they still have some of the same super natural abilities, but they can’t transform into a bat, and the super speed thing is not the same. David is one of the luckiest people only because he is a carrier, not a peep. A carrier is someone that still has his/her emotions and the ability to control himself/herself. He is infested with parasites that cause the disease and those parasites control some of his brain cells and stuff like that. People say that vampires hate the sunlight, but in this book it has a reason behind the reason why they hate the sunlight, which is because of anathema. Peeps are repelled by something called anathema, which is something that the person dislikes now, they used to like something before they became a peep but when they are a peep they dislike anything they used to like. But to get back to David, he is on a first mission in finding his infected ex-girlfriend, which is a peep. I don’t want to give away too much and about how the disease is transferred so if you want to find out more then read the book.

Now I read a lot of books so I may say every book I read is good but for this book I really mean it. So I highly recommend this book if you are interested in a little science fiction, some pretty good adventure, and also excitement. The second in the series is called The Last Days.