Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

Is it true, as they say, that what the heart wants, the heart can’t have? This question is greatly explored in the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. It is an amazing story of forbidden love between a vampire and a teenage girl.
Stephanie Meyer’s style of writing is simple to read. Yet, with every page, you are drawn into wanting more. That is why the book has received many honors. Among the many honors it has received are the New York Times Editor’s pick, and the Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year.
Moving is hard on any teenager. Nobody likes it, especially seventeen-year-old Bella Swan. She dreads Forks, until she meets Edward Cullen. She cannot bring herself to stay away from him. But why? She soon finds that Edward is -- a vampire. A vampire that for ninety years has been looking for a soul mate. Will their love prevail?
In this book, Meyers breaks the typical “I vant to suck your blood” stereotype. Instead, the vampires are considered gorgeous and “perfect”. Most importantly, the Cullens call themselves “vegetarians”. It means that they do not drink our blood. Could there be a possibility that people like the Cullens secretly walk among us? Who knows…
You should not worry once Twilight is finished. Bella and Edward’s story continues in three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn. They are all just as addicting as the first. To add to the addiction there is a movie based on the book coming out November 21. It stars Kristen Stewart (Bella) and Robert Pattinson (Edward). It is suppose to be a box office smash. I surely cannot wait to see it!
In truth, the whole world of Twilight came from a simple dream the author had. So, be aware of your dreams. Maybe write them down. Who knows, you could be just as successful as Meyers was with hers? I hope you will consider reading Twilight now.