A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

By KingTut1 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
KingTut1 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

How much pain can you take? Dave is brutally beaten by his mother but he never gave in and believes that he will have a better life in the future. I loved reading this book, it have a very sad touching story, also based on a true story.
Dave was a young boy, who have two brothers. He have a alcoholic mother who abuses him. His mother will play these games with him, but not any ordinary game, it was a game that will leave him half dead. Sometimes she will starve him for days then feeds him the leftover spoiled food. Even after all this, Dave still finds his courage to live another day to see himself with a family that actually loves him.
"A Child Called It" is a good book, it's one of my favorites. I recommend this book to all readers. After I've finished this book i saw life differently, i appreciated everything i had

lourdez said...
lourdez, Merced, California
THIS IS A REAL STORIE AND ITS SAD ,MAN HIS MOM WAS CRAZY IN THE HEAD.I RECOMEND THIS BOOK FOR EVERYONE FOR U GUYS CAN SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE GO TROUGH IN LIFE AND HIS FATHER WAS A FIRE FIGHTER AND ALCOHOLIC. JUST TELLING U GUYS REALLY READ THIS BOOK I MEAN IT.  THERE IS ALOT KIDS IN THIS WORLD THAT GET ABUSED PLEASE READ IT